COVID-19 Protocol Update
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
As licensed dental professionals, we have been managing concerns for a myriad of highly infectious diseases for decades and are well poised to maintain safe clinical environments. As a profession, we have always confronted new realities of infectious diseases head on and developed guidelines that have made the public and profession safe. We employ strict universal precautions (airborne, contact and eye protection) as set by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to prevent the transmission of all illnesses. Our team has been thoroughly trained in these infection control protocols which are strictly adhered to.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help increase protection of you and our team. These measures have been incorporated into our already comprehensive infection control program.
- We ask you to wear your own mask. Hand sanitizing upon entering and wearing a mask is required.
- You’ll be asked screening questions and have your temperature taken when you arrive in the office.
- We will reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time for social distancing. In addition, unless you need assistance, please do not bring any visitors with you.
- Our reception area will no longer offer magazines, pamphlets or newspapers since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. The reception area and bathrooms will be disinfected on a strict routine schedule. A clear barrier will be present between you and the front desk.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment, and that existing appointment times may be altered.
- Each treatment room has been thoroughly disinfected prior to your arrival and is done between each and every patient. All instruments have been sterilized for your individual use.
- At the end of your appointment, you must put your mask back on before leaving the treatment room.
- After your appointment please exit the office. You can either call for your next appointment or do so at the front desk; whichever is reasonable for you.
For the protection of all our patients and our team, please notify us before your appointment and reschedule if:
- if you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms - some illness and symptoms include:
- a cold or the flu
- fever or nausea
- severe headaches or body aches
- chest pain or difficulty breathing
- vomiting or diarrhea
- recent loss of taste or smell
- if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or who is under quarantine as a precaution
- if you have traveled to a state not on the current "Lower-Risk States" list, per the Massachusetts Travel Order effective August 1, 2020. For more information visit: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order#lower-risk-states-
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us. The below links provide additional information regarding COVID-19:
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back!